Saturday, June 3, 2023

The End of May

High school final exams were held at the end of May.  I administered two exams to my Grade 10 & 11 Social Studies students.  We spent several days reviewing the materials.  My Grade 10 Guitar students had a final performance test, playing a chosen piece in front of the class.  They spent several days practicing. 

Snow fell on the community on May 27.  It was surreal but expected.  I’m sure the hunters, fishers, and campers were glad because it meant more time to drive skidoos out on the ice.  I took a few pictures.

High school & middle school students spent the last day of May decorating the community hall for the upcoming High School Graduation ceremony in early June.  (More on this in a future post).  I borrowed a truck from Frank to transport everything the school would need to put on a great show.  There was so much stuff I had to make two trips. 

I parked the truck really close to the community hall steps.  Students unloaded the graduation supplies and placed them in the main lobby.  The Hamlet staff were just finishing mopping the floor.

The red carpets were unrolled and vacuumed.  Decorations were taped to the walls.  When the floor was declared dry, tables and chairs were brought out and placed close to the main stage.  Students also began blowing hundreds of balloons.  I inserted earplugs into my ears because experience taught me several balloons randomly and loudly pop.  And yes, quite a few did.  The balloons were black, gold, and white.

Tablecloths were placed over the tables as well as candles and flowers.  The red carpets were brought in and placed in the middle of the hall, forming a path towards the stage.  The stage itself was decorated white and gold cloths, balloons, a speakers’ podium, and two chairs for the graduates.

The dishes, cups, bowls, and cutlery were placed on a table next to a wall.  Two other tables would serve as the food tables. 

All the preparations were completed in the afternoon.  The community hall looked ready for a celebration.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment